Music Banter - View Single Post - No, it is you that is wrong (Israeli-Palestinian Conflict)
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 08:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Yeah, I just want to say I'm pleasantly surprised how the thread has gone, 3 pages and everything has been constructive.
indeed, the other thread I saw about this today had started off with the words "All Zionists are Butchers". Needless to say, it all went downhill from there...

I actually feel more sorry for the israeli citizens than their "enemies" at the moment, the civilians of the "terrorist" areas get a lot of sympathy from the world, but the common israelis have to put up with the fact that that they are almost universally hated for what their country is doing, in many cases is being forced to do as a result of the attacks against them, not all of which were even instigated by them.

It must be even worse for those of them who lived through the second world war, and are seeing their own country commit the atrocious bullying and slaughter that they themselves had to live through not so long ago.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote