Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #159 (permalink)
thegoldlaw
Music Addict

I think chargers are going to be scary. I'm a patriots fan being from NE, but since they are gone I can really look at all the teams and see what i like and dislike. On SD you have LT able to finally cut which he hadnt been able to do the entire season. You have 2 WRs that are amazing, Chambers and Jackson. I told everyone preseason Jackson was going to be an animal and sure enough he has been. Last playoff he averaged 100 yards per playoff game and had 2 tds in 3 games. The last 3 games he had averages 116 yards per game. The game vs broncos he had 70 total yards on the first 10 plays and then never got the ball.. not sure why. Also coming out of the AFC I forsee Colts being the "favorite" which SD has been able to beat the majority of the times. Outside of the Ravens I don't forsee any team giving SD a challenge.

When considering the NFC its simple, Is Brandon Jacobs (should be NFL MVP) playing or not. If the answer is yes then Giants win it all, If not then I forsee Panthers taking the NFC and playing Either the Ravens or SD. How brandon jacobs is getting no love is beyond me. He forces teams to put 7 if not 8 guys into the box allowing Eli Manning to have simple man to man converage on his WR. Giants are 0-2 without jacobs, 11-1 with him, and the last game they won where Brandon Jacobs was on and off you could see the offense go from good to bad and back to good when jacobs took the field. Everyone says Plexico is the key who I said was great when he played for pittsburg and did up until this year. Last year dude was too much of a distraction and had too many dropped balls. I knew sooner or later his worth would out not outweight his antics.
thegoldlaw is offline   Reply With Quote