Music Banter - View Single Post - No, it is you that is wrong (Israeli-Palestinian Conflict)
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
I realize the situation was horribly and unfairly mishandled but it didn't have to be that way. There's room for both groups and I think it's incredibly stupid how Israel has tried to take more land than they were originally given but I can't stress enough how the conflict doesn't come from lack of land.

So yeah, I agree with just about everything you've said here. But remember, there's plenty of room in Israel for both groups geographically, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case ideologically.

Agreed, that's what I've been trying to say all along.
I wasn't saying there was a limited space; it's the fact people were removed from their homes. Theoretically speaking I bet if you had placed the Jewish community in an unpopulated large area and declared it is own country I doubt the Palestinian people would have such hatred for Israel and vice versa. (Please note I'm not taking into account religious fanatics, theological differences and how everyone wants Jerusalem.)
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote