Music Banter - View Single Post - The Musicbanter Book Club
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Default The Musicbanter Book Club

An idea of JayJamJah and I's. Basically it's pretty self-descriptive and we're just going to add rules and structure as we go along. But right now here are the only two things:

1. JJJ and I are going to approve each of the choices. This isn't to be snobby or elitist and we'll be pretty loose. We're doing this for these three reasons: Obscurity (if a book is too hard to find and no one can get it we obviously can't discuss it.) Size (if a book is way too big and it would take up a sizable amount of time to discuss we'd bypass it unless a good amount of people were up to it. Spending a month on one book might be tiresome for some people and finally Popularity (let's face it, who wants to discuss Twilight or Harry Potter for the billionth time?
2. We're going to try and go about this democratically so everyone can suggest a book and we can get a wide variety of selection.

Book one has already been decided.