Music Banter - View Single Post - Bono and the plan for world domination is here
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 07:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsy View Post
Well, it IS kinda fun...

I do think Bono has kinda become an overexposed media commodity in all seriousness...

But I guess he is using all that exposure for good causes, so there is an up - side to it all...

I think some of U2's more recent albums may have been more compelling / interesting if the lyrics didn't sound rushed. It often feels like Bono has alot on his plate and maybe U2 lyrics plae in significance to him - and, possibly, rightfully so, when you are tackling issues like poverty and world debt, talking to Presidents, Prime Ministers and ambassadors... a little rock song might not seem so urgent and important...
But the sentiments in the songs on ATYCLB and HTDAAB are becoming less naunced, leave less to the imagination, more straightforward... this might really appeal to some fans, but I preferred it when they said more with less direct phrases, leaving gobs of mystery to paint inside your own head...
Although I understand your point and I'm not going to say its wrong there are still times I will see what Bono is up to and just think that maybe at times he should realise that he IS a musician and should maybe focus on that a little more.
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote