Music Banter - View Single Post - The Musicbanter Book Club
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog View Post
What books, and what school? That sounds terrible.

Are you an english major? I had some of the best and most interesting discussions of my life during college, both in and out of the classroom.

Join the lit circles my friend. You have an on campus magazine? Thats where the intelligence is.
University of Toledo. I was an undeclared honors student last year, actually leaning towards an English major at that point (I ended up going Civil Engineering though lol; I like the thought of having a secured job before I graduate.). I took a two semester course called Honors Reading Conference and it was basically "Read a bunch of books in a small window of time." We read a variety of books which was nice. I read a Dante's Inferno, The Prince, The Quiet American, a couple of the William Blake Collections, a good portion of the Bible, quite a bit of Shakespeare... um, I don't even remember what else haha. It was a lot to take in. Needless to say I was a bit burned out after that, and coupled with working a full time internship over the summer I never got back in to my reading habits. This would probably get me back to my old form more than anything else would so I'm all for this.