Music Banter - View Single Post - the *** sex & religion thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #83 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
post-modernism shows that all we do is float through existence using our unreliable feelings, and that logic is just one form of this.
Logic is much more reliable though. Why would you just throw away something more-useful?

Quote:
the question, if i have to remind you, was not one of whether or not to use logic, but whether or not to view logic as an absolute. i also find it very funny that most people who respond to irrationalism or nihilism or relativism cannot help but do so with insults and violence, because those are really the only ways to support any standpoint.
You view logic as an absolute because it is the best we have. Reason and logic should be ranked as the best way to look at the universe so therefore they really becomes our absolute. Of course I say "they should be ranked as an absolute" because they intertwine.

The reason I hurl insults sometimes is because one cannot reason with irrational people. The definition of reason contradicts that possibility. So instead of backing out of the debate saying "There is no reason to debate this because you aren't using reason" I will sometime insult and try to make your position look horrible, which in this case it really is. It is really the only way one can try to get their point across to someone who is illogical without using brute force.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote