Music Banter - View Single Post - the *** sex & religion thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #85 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
you're really missing the point. the point is that logic, although it might be 'reliable' and 'useful' cannot be taken to be an absolute because it relies on supra-rational feelings... how do you choose one set of mathematical axioms over another? how do you decide what is meaningful and what is not? the system relies on what lies outside the system; rationality relies on irrationality... its the dialectic, man. when you say reason is the best you are already speaking in the language of reason to justify itself; you are completely entrenched. but just the fact that there is something opposed to reason that it bases itself against means that it has to be relative and not absolute. the best way to look at the universe and see it for what it really is is to stop trying to force it into a conceptual grid and realize concepts are concepts, life is life. that's enlightenment, man.
I am going to have to think about this for a bit. I am doing a bit of homework and I don't want to post another stupid response. Give me a day or two to repost.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote