Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Guitars
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #162 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

I have a 4th option for you. Save up, and buy a Made in Japan Ibanez model. That includes:

Any Prestige Model RG.
The S5470
The SV5470
The Jem
The Universe
Most signature models.

Why? Because They're better for metal than any of the guitars you just listed, play better, and are more versatile aswell due to the epic switching options.

Also:

1 - They do metal very very well, especially RG's and S series. SV series not so much but still easily doable.
2 - They're going to have much better tremolo systems on them than anything you listed above. Especially the S series, as the ZR bridge is my favourite of all time.
3 - The finishing options are very good.
4 - If you're totally in love with the explorer shape, try and find a second hand iceman. They're explorer shaped guitars but I know for a fact ibanez made at least some of them MIJ for a time, which means they'll pretty much destroy everything else out there for the money because people think MIJ is inferior to MIUSA. This is of course a total lie. MIJ guitars IMO are just as good if not better.

Disclaimer: I am the forums resident Ibanez nutjob. I love their MIJ stuff and the MIK stuff isn't bad either. Ask me anything and I'll be able to help.

Disclaimer v2.0: I am also probably the forums most prestigious guitar hardware, construction, and setup nutjob, so if anyone around here is going to know their **** about guitars and which to buy, the advantages and disadvantages of any models put forth, its going to be me...probably...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!

Last edited by GuitarBizarre; 01-06-2009 at 09:37 PM.
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote