Music Banter - View Single Post - College Basketball
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
I'm not saying Wake can't beat Pitt, but Wake is not even close to UNC in the talent department.
I agree.

Quote:
Wake has at most three pros; and really they are project pros in the sens that they'll all leave before there game fully matures.
Same here. But that's more than Pitt.

Quote:
The Demon Deacons are very young and I don't see them getting past the round of 16. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident in this one.
Well, we'll come March, this is all speculation. But I must admit that they're vulnerable because of their youth.

Quote:
Pitt is a tough out come March. They remind of fairly recent National Champions like UConn in 99 Mich St. in 00 and Maryland in 2002.
If you look at the past few National champs they've all been extremely athletic, pushed the tempo and overwhelmed teams with their speed and length. I don't see Pitt as that type of team. Doesn't mean they can't compete, but I just don't think they will.

Quote:
A Nice senior core and a whole bunch of young talent around it. Young and Fields are flawless under pressure and can control games. Blair is an absolute animal inside and Biggs is also very strong and physical.
Yep, a solid team.

Quote:
You can't run much on Pitt because, A) you can't rebound on them B) They are too disciplined to get into a running game.
They haven't played a really good pressure D yet. We'll see how they handle it.

Quote:
I think you underestimate the Panthers.
We'll see come March.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote