Music Banter - View Single Post - So do you feel rock will be on top again
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #119 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

I perosnally care not for the charts, nor much for MTV in its current form... just a bunch of vaguely music - related reality shows and as for the charts... well i never really was into the whole popularity contest notion that surrounds musics...

I think MTV has to maintain its relevance like any other TV network... I think they've nicely diversified their programming to appeal to a broad range of veiwers, and they have a whole heap of different channels now, so i think MTV as a broadcasting institution will survive for many a year to come...

The charts.... well... if it keeps relevant to the media that is becoming the most common method of transferral (ie Mp3s, file sharing) the charts might maintain their importance... I personally think people care less and less every year about chart position and just wanna hear a good tune...