Music Banter - View Single Post - Good vocalists, bad material
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
Peter Gabriel (post-Genesis material): I find it ironic that Peter Gabriel earned most of his fame AFTER he left Genesis with derivative pop singles. There's just not enough good material to go around. It's rather obvious that he and Phil Collins always needed Steve Hackett to succeed.
His earlier solo material is really great, his first few albums were still in the prog style, and it probably helped a lot that Robert Fripp and Tony Levin where on those albums, he started going pop in the 80s. And though I do like some of his pop material, I downloaded So and found it to be pretty boring.

Really loved that song he did for Wall-E though.

I also confess to liking Collins era Genesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
James Brown: Everyone's going to hate me for this, but I think he was an atrocious songwriter (did he write songs?). Obviously there's Live at the Apollo, but just because he could hold an audience's attention doesn't mean he's worth listening to. I give him credit; what James Brown did influenced generations of soul artists to come. I just don't think he's got anything worth hearing.
Well I can forgive you for that, when you have such appallingly bad taste I guess there's nothing you can do about it.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote