Music Banter - View Single Post - Coachella or...Burning Man
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
joyboyo53
down the rabbit hole

coachella valley music and art festival is the premier music festival in the united states. although it does get hot during the day (around 90-100) it is dry heat and cools off siginifcantly in the evening (about 65-75). it is (to me) the perfect blend of art and music usually leaning towards a good mix of rock and electronic acts with a sprinkling of other genres. this is no doubt my favorite weekend of the year

burning man is much more of an art festival. there is little organized music and it is really a festival for the freaks (in a good way). it is hotter, and perhaps that is what makes everyone seriously go crazy out there. this is not someone anyone would want to goto alone, unless you are an incrediably extrovertent and extremely tolerant person. people run around naked, almost exclusivly fueled by drugs, doing whatever the hell they feel like doing and there are no real rules purpose or order out there. some dig it some dont, most people who even think about going are the kind that fit right in... so it works out well

@jackhammer

i hear it was colder than antarctica the other day in southern england... that must be painful.
joyboyo53 is offline   Reply With Quote