Music Banter - View Single Post - Evolution and the Public School System
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

I didn't mean red state in reference to how they go when they vote I meant in an ideological sense. It just seems like they're going overboard on all the conservative issues, they've already completely stripped civil unions for homosexuals and now they're allowing this? It would be one thing if there was another scientific theory that contradicted evolution but God came out of nowhere (and he's all been in nowhere) and created Adam and Eve isn't a scientific theory.

Socially I'm a libertarian in many aspects and I don't give a crap about Merry Christmas, Nativity scenes or people saying "God Bless You" but when it starts to get into the educational system...that's when I have a problem with it. If you don't want your kids learning evolution then tell the teacher when evolution comes up to have your kids step out of the room until the discussion is over.

I understand individual states rights and respecting them but I don't think we should be teaching Christian Theology in a science class just because evolution contradicts the bible. My point is basically this: It's a science class. Evolution is a scientific theory, it should be taught without Adam and Eve coming into the equation.

I think separation of church and state is becoming more and more neglected. George Bush's schizophrenia already dictates our foreign policy and you basically have to swear on the bible to even have a chance to win an election in this country. I mean, Under God is in our pledge of allegiance! It shouldn't have been added in the fist place (fuck you Eisenhower.)
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote