Music Banter - View Single Post - British vs. American comedy
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #120 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseNumber:825 View Post
To be honest I've haven't actually watched it in ages
I just remember finding it somewhat funny the last time I was watching it

I was watching Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong and that made me laugh a lot

Though I don't know if that was because of Alan Carr himself..... or because I was watching the episode with John Barrowman on it.........
Have you ever seen Alan Carr's stand up? I shall re-enact it for you just incase you haven't:

Curtian goes up.....

Alan minces around on stage in an over enthusiastic camp manner in the style of Graham Norton and countless others. He may as well have the fact hes *** written on his forehead and that would save the entire first half hour of his act.

Alan will now undoubtedly talk about his father. "Im ***, therefore a disappointment." "My father hates me." etc etc.

Probably something to do with his dad wanting him to play football but he just loved to dance.

Curtain goes down. The end.

Come to think of it, it's a good job he's *** or he'd have no material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
If you think American comedy sucks, give Arrested Development a try. Brilliantly scripted television show, much in the same vein as Seinfeld (sans laugh track) or Curb Your Enthusiasm. The character development is fantastic.

One of my favorite characters, Tobias Funke:
Arrested Development is certainly one of the examples I would use of great American comedy. Great stuff.

And I can't even use the word g a y on this board?
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote