Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #294 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I'm not following him around.

You need to look up the definition of trolling, it's not trolling to take offense from what someone is saying and point it out.
No, YOU need to look up the definition of trolling. Trolling is and always HAS been the act of making controversial and provocative posts merely with the intent and for the sake of provoking angry responses, flaming, and disturbance. That is NOT what I do. Hell, it's not even that many bands that I go in to say how crap or mediocre I think they are. It's probably numbers less than ten, in all the 2 and a half or so years that I've been on these boards. Hell, I could probably count the whole lot right now on two hands. And when I do go in, it's not to make a stupid trolly post like "lozzzles their rubbish lollzzz", it's to at least ATTEMPT at producing an informed opinion. And it's never for the sake of just stirring. I'm trying to put forth my view on a topic, and to hopefully discuss it with RATIONAL people who don't suddenly turn defensive and, as is often the case, offensive.

Quote:
He's constantly showing up on threads specifically for a certain band, saying that band is crap, and stirring up crap with the fans.
See above. Aside from that, the only person I generally see even reacting angrily to my criticisms is you.

Quote:
It dosen't help that he posts in a very self important and provoking fashion. I consider that trolling.
Cripes. YOU of all people talking about self-importance. As as for posting in the fashion of provocation, I found your Prince posts some of the most unfair provocative stuff I've ever read on these boards and yet I never jumped to anger and insults.

And aside from all that, you insist on trying to misunderstand the things I write. Like the other day, for example. I was trying to present Muse in what I considered a more positive light than another poster. You immediately assumed I was criticizing and attacking them. I intended the complete opposite and hadn't said a single negative word. I was actually attempting to criticize Radiohead, not Muse. Hell, there's an example of how I'm not some stupid troll - I'll even defend a band I hate. Whenever anybody has claimed that Muse are not prog because they're a crappy pop rock band or whatever, I always jump to their defence.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote