Music Banter - View Single Post - Comus' Review Corner
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:20 AM   #77 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I got my hands on Joanna Newsome after reading your review. It sounds like a good album and my girlfriend also seems to like it .. it's nice to get some music we can both listen to (she doesn't appreciate everything I put on).

About Leaf Hound, in case you're not aware, they got together and made a new album in 2007 called Unleashed. I have it, but I haven't listened much to it, so I can't tell you if I like it or not, but according to wikipedia, it's supposed to be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Wikipedia's article on Leaf Hound
New album Unleashed was released on November 12, 2007. It features eight all new compositions by Peter French and Luke Rayner and also a reworking of Atomic Rooster's "Breakthrough". The album has been met with critical acclaim from the music press with Kerrang! calling it, "As good a rock album as you could hope to hear." Classic Rock Magazine noted, "An unpretentious hard rock record, relying on strong songs and powerful performances." French and Rayner were also praised for their production skills, "Preserving the Classic Rock sound."