Music Banter - View Single Post - It finally clicked with me
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Most of Nick Cave's earlier solo stuff like Tender Prey & Your Funeral My Trial. Bought them about 7 or 8 years ago. It's only really the past year & a half I've really gotten into them.
Tender Prey is my favourite Cave album now.
I actually still struggle to get into Tender Prey. I find it very hit-or-miss but since it seems to be such a fan favorite I keep thinking someday it will click with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
I tried listening to The Smiths like a year and a half ago and they just didn't do it for me. They clicked for me like 3 months ago and now I can't get enough of them.
I can really relate to this one. I hated Morrissey from when I first heard him in the late 80s all the way until about 2005 when for no reason I got "Panic" stuck in my head so badly that I had to run out and buy The Smiths Singles. Before I knew what was happening I suddenly really liked The Smiths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
i never really liked the smiths this happened to me with modest mouse though... I know im an idiot
I wouldn't even give Modest Mouse a chance for several years because I disliked their name and the musical inclinations of a lot of their fans so much. Then they started getting really popular and I started hearing really good songs by them. Before I knew it, I owned three of their albums.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote