Music Banter - View Single Post - It finally clicked with me
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
CandyLadyNJ66
Groupie

That's happened to me before with Death cab with cutie. I thought their name was stupid and just thought they were average sounding even though I hadn't really listened to them. I gave them more of a listen and I like them now. What clicked with me also was a few musical genres. I enjoyed the music on occasion but I was never a big fan of blues music or alternative country until very recently. I had the chance to listen to the modern blues station one night on my G2 portable radio (leaves Satellite Radio in the dust), and surprisingly I totally got into it big time. I didn't know there were so many newer blues artists out there and I loved how they played blues songs from crossover artists too. I was hooked. Same thing happened with Alternative Country. I happened to listen for a little bit one night and something clicked with me! I am also really into listening to it every day now. My musical focus was starting to get really narrow recently which I didn't like. I have always been REALLY open minded with music of all kinds. No musical snobbery for me. Lately I was only listening to the rock, hard rock, custom stations on Slacker and dance/electronica stations ONLY. I was like wtf am I doing? I have access to gazillions of different music and I decided it was time to step outside of my safe little musical box. I am glad I did. Things clicked for the best with me.
Fav Slacker Stations including User Created Stations-Super Shuffle, Alt Country, Singer-Songwriter, R&B, At the Coffeehouse ,Adult Alternative, Rock/Industrial, Hard Rock,Trance, Alternative Chill, Chill, Candy's Favorites & Modern Blues
CandyLadyNJ66 is offline   Reply With Quote