Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #1260 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
I'll second the NMH hate, and boo boo is wrong. NMH is probably among the worst sounding bands in history. They're just so insufferably terrible that its hard to put into words. Everything that made Tiny Tim a bad vocalist exists tenfold in Mangum's voice and vocal style. His lyrics are decent though. The music sounds like it was composed by a bunch of 10 year olds who figured out how to play their first two chords, and they play those chords in a way that would make even Kurt Cobain sound semi-talented. Its just bad. Like Kimya Dawson bad, but worse.
There is absolutely no reason, at all, for you to say this is one of the worst Indie bands.

Your reasoning is bad, as one of the very very very few (and I mean a f*cking few) indie bands of the past decade that actually HAVE some trace of talent, you're telling me they don't. Their music has a very ethereal sound to it and any 10 year old who could make music like that is a f*cking god.

Mangum's singing is an acquired taste for sure, but to rant about his singing of all people in the indie scene, when you have talent free hacks like Devendra Banhart and Joanna Newsom around, suggests to me that you have an obvious personal bias. I don't know how Magnums vocals could grate someones nerves more than Banhart and Newsom's awful catf*ck howling.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote