Music Banter - View Single Post - The Recreational Drug Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #990 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgd85 View Post
if your gonna cook, you need to extract the THC into a fat (ideally butter) because its fat soluable.

its a more mellow, longer lasting, primarily THC high (low boiling temperature of butter keeps some of the other canabanoids unreleased). its the healthiest way to consume marijuana, however i personally find it less enjoyable. not to say there isnt a time and place, take a symphony hall or the opera or say you have a 4 hour longhorn football game to goto... place you obviously cant light up.
I agree completely. The only downside for me at least when cooking in butter before throwing it into the oven with brownie mix is the INTENSE smell. If you have your own property it is not a problem but when renting like myself the smell really finds its way out o every nook and cranny.

Also, question for you JGD: How long do you typically cook the marijuana in with the butter? Personally I seem to get good results with around 10-15 minutes on medium burner, but it always leaves me wondering if I could have done better.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote