Music Banter - View Single Post - It finally clicked with me
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #42 (permalink)
WaspStar
Back to mono

I hated the Band's brown album for years. The only song I liked was Whispering Pines. A few months ago, I dug it out, and I've probably listened to it about sixty times in the past month.

I loved just about every Dylan album but Blonde On Blonde when I was in middle school...junior year in high school, I fell in love with that one too.

Elvis Costello's Imperial Bedroom left me cold when I first heard it (I was really into Blood & Chocolate, Get Happy!!!, and Trust at the time). Nowadays it's about the only Costello album I listen to with any regularity.

Didn't care for Revolver the first few times out. When I started skipping stuff like Good Day Sunshine and putting And Your Bird Can Sing on repeat, it clicked.

I didn't like XTC's Wasp Star (my namesake!) at first, because I was expecting, well, "Apple Venus Part 2." When I stopped listening for a certain sound and just accepting the album for what it was, I fell in love with it.