Music Banter - View Single Post - Jackson randy rhoads pro series with floyd rose
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!!!Mick_Mars!!!!! View Post
hey thanks for all the information and advice, so would you suggest that if i was looking for a guitar with a floyd rose style tremolo systemo in it that i should have it fitted seperately? and is it possible to fit a floyd rose to a guitar that has an ordinary tremolo system such as a fender strat?
the only reason i am after a guitar with a floyd rose becasue in play music such as van halen extreme and motley crue, so in order to sound the same am i right in saying i do indeed require a floyd rose trem?
Buying a guitar with a floyd rose already in it is perfectly fine, just be careful to make sure its a good unit. Licensed floyd roses other than the ones I mentioned tend to be of inferior quality, and will give you nightmares once the knife edges wear a little.

You can retrofit a floyd to any guitar whatsoever (Even acoustics, although its not reccomended by any stretch), although to do so is more cost than its worth on most mid level instruments like that one, and you will need to get a luthier to do the work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote