Music Banter - View Single Post - music's rotten tit
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
it struck me the other day when my girlfriend claimed that there is so much new music about today that without me, she wouldn't have a clue what she likes. It seems like a pretty passable quotation from a reasonably ill-informed girl, but it got me thinking - there is a LOT of new music about today, isn't there? it's ****ing mental

with the rise of myspace and all that business, everyone is picking up a guitar and becoming the next big thing. in fact, there aren't even any next big things these days. everyone knows that it's completely pointless getting too excited over a new band because they'll all release a good few demos up on myspace then release a **** album and then completely vanish.

it just seems like music has far excelled past the day where people could unite in the love of a band, the time where music completely influenced modern society and had the ability to change people. there's so much of it out there that rather than there being to embrace a particular movement with all of your friends beside you, the 'in it together' experience, all you have is one big musical jumble sale where everyone is taking a band each, enjoying them, and then disposing of them the next week.

walking arm in arm singing oasis song after oasis song, drinking to the stones, having a spliff with i wanna be adored banging on the background, in love with the stone roses so much that you feel like ian brown will come into the room and give you blowbacks any ****ing second.

music is growing beyond all expectations, it's impact is dying... what happens now?
If you spend time and actually look for new and original music youll find theres actually more than ever in almost every genre. No its not as popular as before and not as accessible, but its most certainly there.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote