Music Banter - View Single Post - BBC's "The 100 Most Annoying Pop Songs We Hate To Love"
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Gareth Brown
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleknowitall View Post
Anyone else watch this, it's been on repeat on bbc three for **** knows how long now, possibly years.

....I've found a new love, and it's for people who appear on these shows and criticise for the sheer point of criticism.
Music critics, people who get paid to criticise music ....

"shiny hapy people, well i dont know what its like over in california but over here in britian were not so shiny and happy, so you can just **** off back to sunny california"

"what rock band writes a song about war anyway?" - That being refered to the manics who were portrayed as these studenty, self-loving whiney immitation intelectuals.

There was no real reasoning behind the criticisms, I got to watch a bunch of people count down this list and make complete arses of themselves. If you don't have a genuine criticism then why ****ing bother coming up with one!!!

On the other hand Most of the list seemed agreeable...

However im rather fond of

Also I feel you can't really criticise a song for being over-played, or for the people that listen to it. I will srvive, although immediately i think of desperate unattractive rat-women with bad karaoke, was a great number. Can't knock it because the people around you are doing bad version of it.
I love MSP but i would say this is fairly accurate. And that song is appalling.
Gareth Brown is offline   Reply With Quote