Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands that you used to like, that you no longer do.
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 10:56 PM   #36 (permalink)
Comus
I'm sorry, is this Can?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Agreed, from my experience Radiohead fans are way more annoying.

But most of my favorite artists are pretty mainstream and therefore have many annoying fans, I'm not gonna be bothered by that fact and just start listening to nothing but crappy obscure stoner metal like some people.
Same here, a lot of my favourite bands have fanbases I can't stand, people who love queen but have only heard Bohemian Rhapsody and Fat Bottomomed Girls. Aerosmith fans who only listen to their ballads, Billy Joel fans who only know We Didn't Start the Fire and Uptown Girl. Pink Floyd fans are even worse than Radiohead fans though, I mean come the fuck on, I don't care how groundbreaking the wall was, pretty much because it wasn't.

But the worst fan in the world is the Black Metal fan, now, not only the elitist black metal fan, but those who think that they are. Those who say they only listen to proper kvlt and then turn around and say they love Dimmu Borgir, and even (only sometimes) Cradle of Filth. Not even Death Metal fans are that bad.

And another thing about Black Metal fans, burning churches? So fucking 1990's stop talking about it, especially since the churches burned were beautiful! If I go into soulseek to find some album that has been bugging me, and decide to check out if there's any new black metal worth checking out. I usually go into the black metal chatroom, makes sense yeah?

EVERY FUCKING TIME I DO some french or british or whatever the hell guy PM's me and is all "you have a norwegian sounding name, thus must be an expert at burning churces; I need some advice, most of our churces are stone". At which point I make a note to self to never fucking listen to Black Metal again, problem is it has a draw on me so I never stick to it.
Originally Posted by antonio
classical music isn't exactly religious, you know?
um
last.fm
Comus is offline   Reply With Quote