Music Banter - View Single Post - Life After Death
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
ixtlan22
Loves Jan Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
prelife is so much more interesting than the afterlife.
You've had some quite clever insight in this thread friend! All kidding aside.

My two cents on the whole matter:

God is all and everything that we can and can't perceive. It is the concept of the whole. There is nothing that exists separately from God for God is everything. EVERYTHING. You are part of God. You are one of many unique expressions of God, the whole.

The afterlife is no better or worse than the metaphors presented in scripture or the scientific idea of decomposition. In my mind, decomposing into the earth is a beautiful idea. We are all made of earth, we are a part of it. Nothing is "unnatural" as we often suggest. So to decompose and return my energy back into the universe that birthed "me," sounds delightful. It is peace, it is rest. It is the sleep after a long hard, but always interesting awake. Or vice versa, who knows. As far as consciousness persisting after death, it is an unknowable question and therefore I reject it as a waste of time, along with the notion of the beginning and the end of the universe (God, everything). Although ghost stories (I've heard many believable ones) such as our friend's do raise some interesting questions.

And all that being said anticipation's quote (see above) really is insightful. The idea of heaven is often used to enslave us and distract us from the extremely beautiful, happy lives, we could all be living. Heaven is a conscious, place for the living, and so is hell. I am not an atheist or a scientist. I am a unique expression of an incomprehensible whole with ideas that I have gathered while here living. Collecting them is a hobby of mine. I define my own purpose. My God is recognizable everywhere because everything is part of it.
ixtlan22 is offline   Reply With Quote