Music Banter - View Single Post - Does music have the capacity to change the world?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoboe View Post
that seems very materialistic. music should not need to be analyzed or put into percentages. searching for new music beyond the things you mentioned is good, but even if something is trendy it can change the way people think. maybe i dont understand wat ur saying...am i anywhere close ?lol
Trends come and go kid. An unfortunate side-effect of this is that most of the truly world-changing music that's been recorded is therefore forgotten by everyone who was not a part of that particular generation. Furthermore, relatively few people in comparison to the majority of music-listeners are interested in music beyond the superficial (which is what the % was inferring).

And really, considering we live in the Information Age and that, if you wanted to, you could download almost every record ever produced from the last 50-60 years somewhere online for free, does anyone these days TRULY have a good excuse for being close-minded and generationally biased when it comes to music?

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote