Music Banter - View Single Post - An Infinite Number Of Things That Pisses Me Off About Music
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 03:49 AM   #1609 (permalink)
DJ Phoenix
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrwnNC View Post

One thing that pisses me off.. .is people pretending to like music when they know in they're heart they dont really dig it..

Now this could happen for various reasons. The most common is your tryign to identify yourself with a particular genre or culture to be accepted whtv. Basically to make other people like you more.

This usually happens when some ****ty music artist of today(Fred Durst for example), wears a "Smiths" shirt(or some other shirt of some band, you , me and everyone else w/an IQ over 3 knows YOU don't listen to), to try to gain "cred" in the current world.

Funny Story. I lived in Glendale, CA, from 01-03, my friend( who was visiting from MICH @ the time & who's liked Depeche Mode since like 1981 & knows practically everything about them & who got me into them)& I were walking up Cahuenga to go to Amoeba Records. We spot this guy who obviously knows **** about Depeche Mode wearing a DM "Violator" shirt. My friend says to him" Hey cool shirt! You a DM fan too?" I swear to god this happened. The guy looks at us,looks at his shirt and says,"Yeah, I love 'Friday I'm in love'(by the Cure), it's my favorite". My friend and I just look @ each other with this blank stare on our faces, and my friend says" yeah, sure you do *******", to the guy, funny as hell.
DJ Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote