Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #2063 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevorkian Logic View Post
Silence of the Lambs 8.5/10
Everyone told me that it was ultra scary, but I didn't find it that scary it all, it was more exilerating than anything else.

Hannibal 9.4/10
I liked learning more about hannibal, and I was a little weirded out about how much I wanted hannibal to not die, and how much I sympathized with him. Lost points for taking out Jodie Foster.

Red Dragon 7.5/10

Worst of the series in my opinion

Hannibal Rising 9.3/10

Really creepy at times, especially when he drowns the guy in the water full of cadavers (literally my worst fear). But this movie explains Hannibal Lector a lot more. I enjoyed it a lot though. Does anybody know if they are going to continue the series?
Nice. Silence of the Lambs is my fav movie ever and I've seen all the films and read the Red Dragon and SOTL books. I'd say you perhaps don't find it that scary because it's intended as more of a thriller than a horror, though there are some chilling parts.

I don't think they can milk anything more out of the series after Hannibal Rising - I do actually like that movie but I know a lot of people consider it a disparate piece of the puzzle (or cash cow).