Music Banter - View Single Post - R. Stevie Moore
Thread: R. Stevie Moore
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Default R. Stevie Moore

I am loathe to submit musical prodigy and son of esteemed Elvis Presley bandman Bob Moore into the f*cking indie thread but it's more fitting, despite the man's pop aspirations.

"Recorded in Nashville between 1972 and 1976 on a pair of four-tracks with one cheap microphone, then self-released in an initial edition of 100 copies, PHONOGRAPHY is the birth of the Lo-Fi DIY aesthetic. Artists from Guided by Voices and Pavement to the Apples in Stereo and Cornelius owe a tremendous debt to R. Stevie Moore, the first to make a viable career completely outside the musical mainstream. Containing inspired pop songs, Syd Barrett-meets-Brian Wilson ballads, Zappaesque experiments, spoken word pieces, whimsical oddities and one song ("Moons") that predated Stereolab's sound by 15 years, PHONOGRAPHY is an inspired grab bag and the first solid evidence that R. Stevie Moore was a refreshingly different musical personality.''

I love R. Stevie Moore. He obviously just got youtube because he's uploaded literally hundreds of these in the last couple of years. Get hip to Stevie kids!

AND:
YouTube - R. Stevie Moore - Sort of Way (1987)
YouTube - R. Stevie Moore - Play Myself Some Music (1986)

Oh, and he's still going

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her

Last edited by Molecules; 10-12-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote