Music Banter - View Single Post - It thoroughly irritates me that...
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Zane Lowe is sh*t and on the label payroll and so is this f*cking country. None of the DJ's Urban mentioned can touch John Peel, the real test being that he always played at least one or two things you didn't like (happy hardcore or something); and he had a down-to-earth confidential quality you don't get from the sprightly disc jockey yelping at you about some **** band trying to live up to his reputation. It's probably more of a taste thing.
Stuart Maconie has done some good stuff on telly I don't know about his radio show.

I have a couple of friends making art, music and truth who have been trying to get noticed since 2003 in various incarnations and the boot-licking c*nts they share bills with you wouldn't believe.
Bands that have ended up on that Pop Idol rip-off Channel 4 show with Alex James on the judge panel, just utter utter sh*t, and they all call themselves 'indie' because they play guitars and don't lip-sync. Well somebody give these guys a medal!

Life's too short to even try and maintain any kind of originality and dignity as a new band and still hope to sell records and get airplay, all the good stuff gets neutered or silenced and that's why there aren't any Captain Beefhearts around

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote