Music Banter - View Single Post - The official I HATE MY JOB THREAD!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
4ZZZ
Forever young

Hedgehogs are very nice creatures but they can be a bit of a menace when introduced into places that they do not belong. In New Zealand it is suspected that they have been the cause of the decline of many endemic ground nesting birds and various other lizards and insects.

The introduction of various European animals into Australia has also been a disaster in some areas. Rabbits, fox's, cats, and even a bird called and Indian Myna are just a few examples. The Possum that has been introduced into New Zealand from Australia and therefore has no natural predators and is now in plague proportions.

Sorry to put a dampener on the discussion. Carry on.

Guess I should add that I have worked over 30 years plus in the printing industry and look forward to retirement in about 15 or 16 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Hedgehogs are damn fast movers. World domination is on their list for sure! I hate officialdom.
Noooooooooooo! These are the suckers that should look to world domination

To quote wiki "The Kea are attracted by the prospect of food scraps from human habitation. Their curiosity leads them to peck and carry away unguarded items of clothing, or to pry apart rubber parts of cars - to the entertainment and annoyance of human observers. They are often described as "cheeky"."

I watched them rip a mini bus to shreds one day. Awesome effort. Also thieve hot chips off Japanese tourists who all jumped up screaming when one landed near them. They left the bucket of chips on the table while jumping around like clowns and the Kea cleared off with a tasty snack, bucket and all.

Go the Kea!

4ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote