Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Marley "sun is shining" remix
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Brazilian and Argentinian Reggae stays very close to it's roots with bands such as Natiruts, Ponto De Equilibrio, Sons Of Jah Army and Los Cafres. We also have bands such as NZ outfit Katchafire who began life as a Bob Marley Tribute band who became so good at what they did, they became a fully fledged Reggae band.

As for Hip Hop, I'm not a massive fan but I do own near 60 albums and there have been plenty of great albums released over the past 15 years (I grew up with the original hip hop too) such as Dalek, Company Flow, Count Bass D, Deltron 3030, Jedi Mind Tricks, Strange Fruit Project and MF Doom who have released fantastic albums that are far away from the gangster rap that is everywhere.

Reading your posts over the site I can see that your are passionate and knowledgeable about music but I find in this case that you have made your mind up without fully delving into the sounds on offer. I'm into my late 30's and constantly looking for new music or artists that are damn good at what they do.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote