Music Banter - View Single Post - Boo Boo 101
Thread: Boo Boo 101
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

89. Trans Europe Express - Kraftwerk

Tangerine Dream are great, and I can dig Can but I find them overrated. I'm generally not a big Krautrock fan, but naturally I have to dig the most poppy of the Krautrockers. I just love the sound of them moogs, and the musical arangements here are so good. This obviously makes a great companion piece for David Bowie's Low. Both of these albums remind me a lot of the soundtracks to the first two Sonic the Hedgehog games for some reason.
Favorite tracks: Europe Endless, Hall of Mirrors, Showroom Dummies, Trans Europe Express.

88. In a Bar, Under the Sea - dEUs

One of the most underrated bands around. This band is so remarkably talented and diverse. There's a bit of everything on this record, indie, prog, jazz, folk. If Big Star, Charles Mingus and Captain Beefheart had a baby, it would probably sound like this. The lead singer has a very odd voice, which I didn't quite like at first but now I do. This band makes such a smooth transition between one style to another, but the ballads are my favorites, love that guitar on Wake Me Up Before I Sleep.
Favorite tracks: Theme From Turnpike, Nine Threads, Disappointed in the Sun, Wake Me Up Before I Sleep.

87. Closer - Joy Division

Unknown Pleasures is great too, but I greatly prefer this one because the mood of it all just suits Ian Curtis's deep baritone a lot better. There's not anything I can say about this album that hasn't been said before. I love the darkness of this album. It's saddening to hear how Ian's friends didn't express much concern over this album because they didn't think he meant it, he obviously did.
Favorite tracks: Twenty Four Hours, Atrocity Exhibition, Colony, Isolation.

86. Funcrusher Plus - Company Flow

Eminem is not the best white rapper alive, you can only do so many raps about your mommy issues until it gets goddamn repetitive. EL-P is my kind of rapper, his lyrics invoke imagery of science fiction and surrealism. And the beats here are so miminalistic yet awesome, it has a very futuristic sound and feel to it. It seems a lot of the best rap nowadays is of the geeky variation, I'm sure Company Flow deserve some credit for that trend.
Favorite tracks: Definitive, Krazy Kings, Last Good Sleep, Legends.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote