Music Banter - View Single Post - Prodigy - Genius or Pathetic?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
Ruth Inking
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer09 View Post
Here in Europe, The Prodigy are stale. Not many people like them. I hear they are popular in America among ravers and dance clubbers now. Sort of revival. However, The Prodigy had their time to shine in 1997. Their mass appeal is lost here in Europe. "Breathe" is the best song of theirs. "Spit Fire" is also okay. The rest of their songs use too much looping and repetitive beats. Plus, they seem to overcompensate for their lack of creativity with a ridiculous image -- remember Keith?
Keith Flint did not have a ridiculous image! He had the epitomal image of the 90s british raver!

They may have lost their mass of appeal, but their music is still original, the Always Outnumbered album was different, definitely, but the rave scene and their audience had changed, I think it was fitting for the time it was released.

They've got a new single out called 'Omen', it's released in the UK, around the begining of Febuary. You can hear it on Xfm, the first play was on there.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the album, I don't think its going to be visionary, but its certainly catchy!