Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Barack Obama Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #68 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
it's not where the money is going that i disagree with, it's that it's being taken at all. theft shouldn't only be illegal if it's not the government doing it.
I don't like this argument. You are not actually being forced to pay taxes. If you choose to live in a country where they have a form of taxation then yes you're going to be expected to pay them because you're choosing by living there to be a citizen of that country. Nothing is stopping you from immigrating or living in the woods somewhere.

Taxation is necessary, especially with the increase of population. You can call it evil and theft all you want but without taxes there would be no protection (civic or nationally) and there would also be no education, roads, etc. I don't want to get into this argument again over "well the rich people would donate because its in their best interests and they got rich because they're rational!" because it shows economic retardation and no grip on reality.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote