Music Banter - View Single Post - Lets just bail out the world
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Yukon Cornelius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
So your perfectly ok with someone who is trying to get by on 7.15 an hour when inflation brings up prices much faster than their wages are ever going up? The city were a grew up, many people could barely pay there bills, and if minimum wage ere any lower or not rising the would have been forced to move into even worse living conditions.

Don't forget with this statement that these minimum wage jobs are jobs none the less. Also you must hold your own self responsible for what you have become. Every decision you have made is cause and effect of everything you have done up until this very day. Are you the person asking if you would like to super size? If so to me you are either young 15-20 or you are someone who has had problems in the past.

Quote:
That's almost a joke. Look at the price of health insurance right now. Its ****ing ridiculous. So many people cant afford it as it is. And the price would go way down if it were nationalized, the only problem also being the quality would fall with it. My father who worked for Blue Cross, Cigna, and Health America for 15 years constantly says that the one thing there company is most afraid of is Universal Healthcare. It would create a quality issue with everyone and they would make almost no money because of the lowered costs.
Once again the average greedy American feels he/she is owed something for nothing. There are more people worried about American Idol than f-ing health care. This is the problem with the world today. We need to remember this is not all one way. And for the people who have done well?? Should we tax the f out of them for there hard work and dedication?? Dont give me any "I didnt have a chance crap because there are ways to get ahead though ultimately its up to you.

Once i did a charity drive for the angle tree (free X-mas toys and what have you) and i was in awe to see that the ppl coming to get free toys were driving in 40000 dollar Cadillac Escalades and had about what my car was worth in rims... I know it might sound racial but its not these ppl were of all races. Tell me that its not the greedy American?