Music Banter - View Single Post - Lets just bail out the world
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
A depression by definition IS a long recession. Since a recession encapsulates all those things as well a depression does too (though they're escalated under a depression.) This isn't fucking debatable. The fact we've only had one depression (the great depression) isn't fucking debatable either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
elaborate. i'm not even going to argue, just elaborate so i can see if you even know what the hell you're going on about.

oh, and you can't just redefine words, you know. there was only one depression in the 20th century. it's a fact.

1. I entirely disagree with the not "****ing debatable" fact. The only reason it is called a recession when it gets bad and not a depression is because the government does not want the public to lose faith in them. AKA them losing there power and say in how the country works.

2. And to Wayfarer, if you would like me to elaborate then it will. Because apparently I don't "even know what the hell" im going on about. (And I wont begin to go into how you have not even begun to describe any of your points, just simply state how they are correct)

Conservative right wing thinking does this country very little good. Yes it encourages some basic freedoms such as gun ownership and many other small personal freedoms, but does so blindly and with little insight.

Most major wars and invasions in the US have happened on a republicans watch. McKinley, Roosevelt, and Taft leading up to and WW1. In Vietnam after the entire country wanted to leave a few years into the war Nixon and Ford continued sending massive amounts of troops in. George H.W. Bush in 91 in the Persian Gulf War. Afghanistan and Iraq with younger Bush in 2001 and 2003. (This is of coarse discounting examples like WWII in which we were forced into the war while a Democratic resident was in power) The right wing way of thinking is not with your head but with a gun. Mainly if you in any way say something against the president or government in office it is unpatriotic and makes you a bad American.

Next on this list is the right wing love for big business as displayed in the last 8 years of this countries leadership. While big business and corporate monopolies have turned into the new version of Capitalism (it is constantly changing).These huge companies pay their workers next to nothing, (yet it seems hat you dont mind that and its the peoples individual fault) and keep hour and working conditions disgustingly bad. CEO's of today make 20 times what they made 30 years ago. Ford paid his workers much higher than anyone today, and he made much less because of this. Republicans allow this to happen, not only turning a blind eye, but seeming to encourage it. Do you think its fair that the CEO of a company walks away with 40 million a year while the works get less than what they need to live?

I have to go to work but I will finish this post when I come back.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote