Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest Punk Frontman
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #410 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato View Post
Green Day existed and lived and toured in the back of a van for years before Mtv latched onto them.. They all play in all side bands on bedroom labels and contribute to the scene even tho they are now successful..I had the pleasure of meeting them in the ealy 90s when they toured England and my mate put them on in our local for petrol money.. I love early and later punk in all its incarnations but its not 1977 anymore and if it wasnt for the likes of Green Day and all the lesser succeesful bands carrying on the torch and doing something else with it there would be no more "punk" bands to watch or listen to, It would just be a bunch of miserable old gits reminiscing about the good ol days..

Sorry for going off topic but Green Day bashing really gets my back up...Basically, unless you live in the woods and make your own bog paper...No one is that punk!!

And btw...GG Allin beats all no contest
Yeah and you put Green Day in and then you get all these whining morons wanting to know why all the frontmen from all those ****ty Epitaph bands are not on here either.

Everybody knows punk's been dead since about 1982 , this poll reflects that.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.