Music Banter - View Single Post - Ireland caves in to the record label bully-boys!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Centauri View Post
So....you support illegal pirating of movies?
First, try reading the article. It's talking about MUSIC, NOT movies (though that'll probably be next!)
Second, you're on a forum where people have differing views, but I think most people would agree the record labels are dying dinosaurs who just want to drag everyone down with them, and I'm disgusted our premier ISP has given in to their bully-boy tactics, and that's all they are.
If you read the article, you'll see they wanted to put "spyware" on Eircom's servers, so as to gather information on users, which Eircom balked at, and took the easy way out for them, so that they don't get caught up in provacy lawsuits and so on.
Finally, consider this: Eircom just recently increased its premium users' download limit to 50 gig per month. If they don't think people are downloading tv shows, films, music and games, what reason was there to do this? How can you hope to d/l 50 gig if you're not doing any of the above? So they knew damn well that their users were doing this, but chose to turn a blind eye, and are now pretending they're shocked that their service is being used for illegal purposes! They could have just decreased our d/l limit to make it difficult, nay impossible to download movies or TV or music, but this is their answer to the problem.
Whether you support or dont support illegal downloading, this is the coward's way out for Eircom.
I reiterate my disgust at them.