Music Banter - View Single Post - Ipod irritations...
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Except for number three I have to say I don't understand your comments, RezZ.

How so?
The ipod prevents you from taking music form your ipod and putting it onto a computer. There are special programs to try and get around this, but certainly do not work very efficiently.
Quote:
My iPod is five years old and I've never run into this problem.
The new Ipods have different connection ports and will not charge (will play though) on almost any docking bays. My Altec Lansing bay does not work with sisters new Ipod because of this.
Quote:
In what way do they have a monopoly? There are plenty of other MP3 players out there.
They own the majority of the market...Yes there are plenty of other players out there, but all hail in comparison to the almighty Ipod (in sales and such).
Quote:
Which file type are you talking about? And what's wrong with them making their own file type anyway? This also seems like kind of a funny complaint considering your point #4.
The .m4a file type. Not necessarily made by them but used with there Itunes store. This is a file that many Media Players and portable devices will not recognize. Also Itunes or anything apple will not play any Widows files such as WmA. This is the format most CD's are in, which makes it a real pain in the ass when you have to convert each one to .m4a.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote