Music Banter - View Single Post - Give me an album and I will review it
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #89 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

For Lucifer Sam:

Les Rallizes Denudes - A Death In The Family (1977)

Another album that I had in my collection but it needed reappraising so here goes. LRD are a Japanese Psychedelic/ Noise Rock band who use a ridiculous amount of feedback in their music and this is where there is a huge problem. 90% of the time I review albums whilst listening to it on headphones (and good ones at that). This is for 2 eeasons. The PC is situated in my living room so earlye evening is no go as far as music is concerned but mainly because I like to hear everything in the mix. Because of the terrible production the album (it is from a bootleg i think?) it actually hurts my ears to hear it. This loses cool points on the album which is a shame because it is riff heavy and quite a way ahead considering it was 1977!

But even without headphones after a couple of tracks (quite long tracks), I find myself becoming bored and turn it off. Whilst I appreciate the sonic assault of the album, I can now see why I had'nt played it a lot before. For a quick blast of white noise it is fine but not one for everyday. 6/10

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote