Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:18 AM   #31 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Deltron 3030 (DTFH) : Deltron 3030
Released in 2000 by 75 Ark w/ Dan The Automator

1. "State of the Nation" (0:25)
2. "3030" 7:29
3. "The Fantabulous Rap Extravaganza" (0:21)
4. "Things You Can Do" (4:59)
5. "Positive Contact" (4:42)
6. "St. Catherine St." (0:43)
7. "Virus" (4:26)
8. "Upgrade (A Brymar College Course)" (4:10)
9. "New Coke" (0:41)
10. "Mastermind" (3:34)
11. "National Movie Review" (0:53)
12. "Madness" (4:38)
13. "Meet Cleofis Randolph the Patriarch" (0:36)
14. "Time Keeps On Slipping" (4:59)
15. "The News (A Wholly Owned Subsidiary of Microsoft Inc.)" (0:49)
16. "Turbulence" (3:33)
17. "The Fantabulous Rap Extravaganza Part II" (0:37)
18. "Battlesong" (4:07)
19. "Love Story" (3:26)
20. "Memory Loss" (4:39)
21. "The Assman 640 Speaks" (0:31)

I have not once heard a concept album this meaningful and far ahead of its competitors. As you may know this is another project headed by Dan The Automator and Del Tha Funkee Homosapien. Del takes care of the lyrics and concept of the album while DTA makes most beats and atmospheres. Each tracks flows impressively to the next almost to the point that you would not want to listen to only part of the album.

The lyrics throughout this album are its high point. Its the story of Deltron Zero's battle against a totalitarian government and large corporations. During this journey he is also fighting for the Galactic Rhyme Federation Champion title. This is all obviously taking place in the year 3030 and reflect what our world may become if people do not stand up and do something about it. Now don't get me wrong, this is not just somehting to listen to for the right message and some moving material but also contains a great (as usual from Del) flow and even more incredible beats, samples.

Dan the Automator has done probably his best job to date creating a otherworldly futuristic feel to the beats and samples. Each track probably uses 30 different clips or sound effects to create a scene around the lyrics. If your just sitting down quickly to listen to a song or two this is probably not the album you should be listening to. I wont recommend any individual tracks because I really believe it should be heard as one. Anyone into hip hop or that likes everything DTA or Del has created should most definitely give this a lesson, as it will not disappoint.

Links
Deltron 3030 – Listen free and discover music at Last.fm
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote