Music Banter - View Single Post - Boo Boo 101
Thread: Boo Boo 101
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 05:49 AM   #57 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

77. Mirrored - Battles

What with this band being associated with math rock and being a huge hit among the indie community, I had no idea this album would sound like this, a huge throwback to 70s prog bands like Gentle Giant and Magma more than anything. This album is so crazy and over the top, but it's also very catchy, it's poppy prog, I don't really see this being as inaccessible as people claim, it comes off as abrasive in it's weirdness, but once you get passed that you'll find quite a beautiful and adventurous album. It's both complex and simple, like Disney songs on acid. I love it.
Favorite tracks: Race In, Atlas, Ddiamondd, Rainbow.

76. You're Living All Over Me - Dinosaur Jr

To me, most of the better alternative rock bands take in more than just punk, pop and folk influences. Dinosaur jr took in a lot of classic rock and even had the balls to cover Peter Frampton, I'd like to see REM do that. This is a deceptive album, it's considereded alternative, but underneath the lo-fi production and walls of distortion and feedback lies the old and tired soul of classic rock. I usually hate lo-fi production but I love the murky sound of this album, it's like an FM classic rock radio station playing on a radio with crappy reception on an old pickup truck. I don't mean that as a put down, I love it. Dinosaur Jr were a very imporant band for their time, taking the noise of Sonic Youth and giving it a more accessible structure, paving the way for Nirvana and the like.
Favorite tracks: Little Fury Things, Sludgefeast, The Lung, Show Me the Way, Raisans.

75. Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

OMG Iron Maiden rawks!! Bruce D*ckinson can really hit those high notes and Steve Harris is a bass god and Dave Murray and Adrian Smith are awesome guitarists they kick Kurt Cobains butt IRON MAIDEN OWNS!!!!!!!!11!!!! \m/

Yeah, I can't really think of anything serious to say, this album rules, that's about it.
Favorite tracks: Invaders, Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, Hallowed Be Thy Name.

74. Back in Black - AC/DC

I know Urban won't agree with this one. I too probably prefer Scott to Johnson as an overall vocalist, but I do like Johnson as well, he does his own thing instead of imitating Scott, but everything still sounds like pure AC/DC, I think this is their most consistant album, but I do have to admit, You Shook Me All Night Long has worn out it's welcome a long time ago. But I've never tired of the other singles, and the deep cuts are just as good. Trashy no bullsh*t rock n roll at it's best.
Favorite tracks: Hells Bells, Shoot To Thrill, Back In Black, Shake A Leg, Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote