Music Banter - View Single Post - HI! I'm Nina
Thread: HI! I'm Nina
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Smile HI! I'm Nina

HI! I really hope people are nice here. Some forums are very negative and people are dis-respectful to one another.

I am a music journalist but my goals include writing a new book about the history of Grunge and the 90's music that helped shape my life.

My favorite band is Nirvana. There will never be a replacement for Kurt Cobain in my view. Other bands that I love are Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, and Soundgarden.

There is not too much new musc out there that I like. When I am not listening to Grunge...I like to listen to Nina Simone ( whom I was named after ) and Etta James.

I am hoping to find out about some great new bands here..if they do exist anymore :-) I like Vampire Weekend and Kings Of Leon and a few more new bands that have new fresh sounds. I am not sure where the new music threads are here but I am sure I will find them once I have time to explore the site.

Also, I write lyrics & a friend of mine said that they thought there was a songwriter community here? I am not sure if they are correct though maybe someone can let me know. But I am shy about my lyrics too since I am not a professional songwriter so it may be a long time before I have the courage to post my songs Ha Ha
ninaNirvana is offline   Reply With Quote