Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter's Essential Collections Discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Default Music Banter's Essential Collections Discussion

OK. This is merely the discussion aspect of an idea I have. I would like to have essential album lists compiled by MB members relevant to the various genre forums we have. These will be compiled top tens with reviews written by various members. Hopefully they will act as guides for both noobs and members wishing to jump into a new genre.

A few basic out lines I have so far:

Lists must be between 5 and 10 albums with max points given to first place down to 1 for last place. EG If you can only come up with 6 albums, then first place gets 6 points, 2nd 5 points etc. If it's a ten album list then it's ten for first etc.
Only one artist per submiited list. (so you cant nominate 3 clash albums in a 5 strong list!)
Particular genre lists stay open for 2 weeks.

Participation:

I would like people to have a say in what categories we should make these lists. Please be reasonable in your requests. Don't ask for a genre that isn't particulary beneficial to the community. We can split Punk into pre 1990 and post 1990 for example. Let's get some input before we begin!

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote