Music Banter - View Single Post - Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends by Coldplay (In Depth Review)
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambient;511985
[B
7. Viva La Vida[/B] - Ahh, yes. This is the title track of the entire album and this one set it's impression on me. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a chipmunk song, but that was when my sister was watching the MTV awards and I was just listening to it from my room. I really think this is a defining song in the album though. This involves more elements than just your average vocals, drums, bass, guitar setup. There are bells and strings and even some kind of chorus sounding thing at the end. Either way, I really can't say this is a bad track at all and it really shows that Coldplay has come a long way from their roots and really broke into a whole different style. They didn't do bad at it either.
Great song. It is a shame they stole it from Joe Satriani. Turned me off from what used to be one of my favorite new bands.

Please understand that I think Satriani should also drop the lawsuit b/c underneath it all he is trying to restart a dying career...that being said...when you compare "If I Could Fly" back to back to Viva it is obvious many of the key phrasings were plagiarized.
ninaNirvana is offline   Reply With Quote