Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter's Essential Collections Discussion
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksosept View Post
^but that would make a change in the point system necessary, otherwise someone from Switzland would post 10 records, and someone from Korea maybe 6 and someone from Uganda 5, and then there would be those from Switzerland with 10,9,8 and 7 points in the list, therefore over-representing one country.
Or it doesn't even have to be their own country, but nevertheless, the point system only makes sense if people are expected to somehow have a common denominator

I like the idea, but it doesn't really fit the concept. We could make a special edition with world music, containing one chosen regional/world music album by each who wants to contribute (there won't be that many either.. I guess)
I see your point, but I can't see threads dedicated to, for example, Arabic, west African or Indonesian music getting that many lists submitted to it. If we use world music as an umbrella term for non-western music (which, in truth, journos do all the time) I reckon we could get some interesting submissions.

At the end of the day it's probably not really worth it. World music is far too broad a term for this kind of idea. I'm just saying it'd at least be interesting (educational as well) to see what people come up with, if there are even that many submissions in the first place.

Last edited by Bulldog; 02-02-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote