Music Banter - View Single Post - ADELE's Songwriting Journal
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 AM   #72 (permalink)
ninaNirvana
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADELE View Post
I don't have issues with mods.
It's just harmless banter.
man some people are sooooo serious.
If you weren't you'd see fondness in my joking.
Man some people are just so serious.
My own forum. Thats an idea.
I'd call it nathan's forum about everything that nathan likes .co.uk or possibly .org
My own forum....thats got me thinking.
You need to understand that the English language is very inefficient at conveying contextual inferences or contextual subtleties by simply reading the language.

Words, in the nude, are simply like traffic signs, stripped of contextual qualities for ease of understanding by the masses.

Stop signs mean "stop"; yield signs mean "yield"; merge signs mean "merge"

A stop sign doesn't say, on its reverse, "oh why are you stopping?...you're being soooo serious"

I hope you see that I am not coming down on you at all but trying instead to show you that it is quite difficult for a new person here to ascertain whether you are being serious or not...

It would be a shame to see you get banned since you also bring a quirky energy here and your posts have potential to be great. You're obviously intelligent and quite likely have a degree of education, either self or schooled, that is evidenced in your writing. Don't blow it for yourself and get booted..unless that is your ultimate goal. Forum trolling got very old around 2005 with advent of web 2.0 generation.
ninaNirvana is offline   Reply With Quote